A lot of women are anxious about hitting the weight room. They cite either being worried about “bulking up” or just that they won’t know what to do. A regular weight lifting routine is an important building block to a healthy body and beneficial to women of all ages. Weight training helps maintain a healthy body weight and builds lean muscle while eliminating heavier unsightly fat. This increased strength and bone density and can actually slow the hands of time decreasing the speed at which we age.
Hitting the Floor: Best Weight Lifting Tips for Women
There are many reasons to put on those weight lifting gloves and hit the floor, but many women don’t know where to start. Here are some great weight lifting tips for women from fitness professionals:
- Set Goals: Weight lifting isn’t just about feeling good, it’s about looking good, too. Find “areas of improvement” to focus on and spend extra time with those moves.
- Stay Consistent: Develop a routine you can to stick with regularly. Try to train at least three to four times a week; even if only ten minutes at home before or after work.
- Learn Proper Form and Technique: This is the most important tip to remember to avoid injury. It may be a good idea to work with a personal trainer for a sessions or take a weightlifting class to develop good technique. Proper form increases your results and helps you avoid serious injury.
- Max Out Your Muscles: End each session feeling when your muscles have nothing more to give. Working until muscle failure is where strength building happens.
- Switch it Up: Don’t follow the same routine every day. Add in new moves to avoid muscle memory. Your body can too “get used to” certain exercises and they will become less effective. New moves create a “spark” in your muscles and metabolism.
- Take it Slow: Don’t rush through exercises or use momentum to get the reps done. Slow, controlled movements will help build up strength and avoid injury.
- Create Balance: Don’t only work one area of your body. Mind your “areas of improvement” but a whole body approach will create more enduring fitness results.
- Ask for Help: Confused by an intimidating looking contraption on the gym floor? Ask a gym employee or another lifter for help. People at the gym are generally more than happy to help someone master a new move or understand a new machine.
- Watch Your Diet: You can’t “out train” a bad diet. Focus on more fresh nutrient rich produce and lean protein while removing processed foods and excess sugar. Always try to consume some protein within an hour after your workout.
Get the Right Gear: Don’t skimp on gym gear, especially shoes and gym gloves. High performance gear reduces strain and injury and yields better results. Great weight training gloves improve strength gains by working past a person’s grip failure and instead until muscle failure.
Finding Great Gear: The World’s Best Workout Gloves
If you’ve started your weight lifting routine- good. Now get the workout gloves that will take your training to the next level. The weight lifting gloves that fitness pros trust for the best results are Gripad workout grips. The average gym gloves offers little flexibility, support or padding. Workout grips by Gripad provide a unique patented design that leaves the fingers free and provides ultimate support and cushioning. To learn more about Gripad workout gloves, check out the online store today.