Weight Lifting Tips for Men
There are numerous health benefits to lifting weights – from increased strength and muscle mass to a longer and healthier life. There are many reasons that every man should add weight lifting into his daily routine – and these weight lifting tips will help you make the most out of your strength-training sessions.
Weight Lifting Tips for Men: Make the Most of Your Workout
Fitness experts and medical professionals agree that weight lifting is a cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle, along with moderate cardiovascular exercise and a balanced and healthy diet. A health and fitness routine based on clean eating and solid strength training workouts will provide great results. Some tips from top fitness professionals include:
- Assess Your Body: Consider your goals. Do you want to “bulk up” your body or are you looking to get lean and eliminate fat? For example, a runner or cyclist may not want to add bulk, but can greatly benefit from strength training, with lower weight and higher repetitions. Building up muscle can be achieved with a routine of higher weights and less reps – as well as the addition of nutritional supplementation and protein.
- Develop a Plan: The best way to meet your goals is to set weekly plans. That means planning out your moves and reps before you hit the floor and holding yourself accountable. Look at some of the most well-conditioned men on the weight floor – most of them are recording the reps that they complete. You can print out a schedule beforehand, or go high-tech and use a smartphone app to help you keep track of your daily workouts.
- Stay Accountable: You should also keep a record of workouts, as well as food intake and cardiovascular activity.. Having everything written down (or tracked on a smartphone app) will help you stay accountable – and keep you motivated.
- Don’t Skip Sessions: Plan your workouts and stick with them. If you cannot make it to the gym or do not have time for a long home workout, you should have a “back-up plan” with a few key moves to keep the forward momentum going. You can achieve great results in just 20 minutes by using your own body as resistance with simple moves such as pull-ups, push-ups, lunges and squats.
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race: Do not rush through your reps. Fast motions use more momentum than muscle – and will not get you results the desire.. Slow and controlled movements are the best way to avoid injury and get maximum results.
- Use Great Gear: Your gym gear should be as tough as you are. Do not compromise your workout and your safety with cheap gloves and shoes that don’t provide the right support or grip. Gym gear is one area that most men seem to overlook – but having the right gear is key to a great strength training session.
Improve Your Workout with Weight Lifting Gloves
One of the most effective way to improve your workout is with weight lifting gloves that offer proper support, grip, sweat control and flexibility. Workout grips by Gripad are a different kind of workout gloves for men. Their unique design leave the fingers free and offer incredible support and cushioning. To learn more about these gloves, check out the online store today.